Small Ground Cover

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

SeanTrollope

Fish Addict
Reaction score
right now the front of my tank is looking very bare and i would like a small dence fast spreading cover
Ā 
if you have suggestions plzĀ  attach pics and tell me where i can get them from.

Dwarf sagittaria is another good one. Can't help you source it, though, sorry!
Ā 
This is how it looked in my tank;
Ā 

Moss can be a pain to maintain though as it can get messy and needs trimming to keep it looking good.
Ā 
Staurogyne repens and Eleocharis (hairgrass) are always recommended as 'easy' plants and might be worth a try. Ā I wouldn't expect them to spread very quickly if they spread at all though.
Ā 
For a low-tech tank some anubias petite attached to small rocks could be a good alternative.
Ā 
The best small, dense, fast-spreading ground cover plants such as HC are only really an option for high-tech, high-light tanks as they are very demanding in terms of light and CO2.

fluttermoth said:
Dwarf sagittaria is another good one. Can't help you source it, though, sorry!
Ā 
This is how it looked in my tank;
Ā 
That's lovely Flutter, did you find your dwarf Sag spread for you? Ā What did you feed it?
I tried dwarf sag once and I'd completely forgotten about it, it's another one that I could never really get to grow!

Hairgrass, Eleocharis species, don't do well on a gravel substrate, but are fine on sand.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back