Slowing Down Current On Filter?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Betta Homie

Reaction score
well i have a whisper filter for my hex 5 gallon tank and need ways of slowing down the current. below i have a picture of how it is right now and even though its covered it still has alot of current..if your wondering the filter is right for the tank its 5-10 gallons..
please help thx in advance

fishtank002.jpg

Hi Betta

The image is a bit hard to make out, but is the filter the kind that works by attaching an air pump to the bottom of the intake tube?

If it is then you just need to insert a regulator into the air line. You should be able to get one pretty cheap at your lfs. Just cut the air line above the water line (6 inches ?), plug each newly cut end into regulator, then adjust the air flow until you get the current the way you want it.

Cheers.

That looks like the same kind of filter that my sister has in her five gallon(same plants too :huh: )

Any way the easiest way of slowing it down would be to stuff filter floss into the space that the current media isn't taking up. The problem with this is that it would clog quickly and you would have to change/clean the floss quite often.

Another way would be to silicone a piece of acrylic to the bottom of the output lip so that when the water comes out it flows onto the acrylic and drips of the side.

Hi Betta

The image is a bit hard to make out, but is the filter the kind that works by attaching an air pump to the bottom of the intake tube?

If it is then you just need to insert a regulator into the air line. You should be able to get one pretty cheap at your lfs. Just cut the air line above the water line (6 inches ?), plug each newly cut end into regulator, then adjust the air flow until you get the current the way you want it.

Cheers.
no its not one of those its a whisper 5-10 gallon filter the ones that you just hang from the back of the tank.....

and thank for the help karken i'll have to try it and see if it works

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back