What's new
Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

goldenclaw

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the saltwater setup and my skimmer is filling the bowl with water even turning the valves down or up doesn't prevent it from doing it. when I put the airline in the water it stops bubbling up and filling. I tested the skimmer just yesterday and it worked fine.
All I did was add more live and Live rock on the second day of my setup.
I purchased an Aqua top setup that comes with everything I needed mostly. I am kind of lost adjusting the valves don't seem to helm and only by putting the air tube under water stops it but the skimmer doesn't form bubbles that way. It is a new tank and new skimmer so should I just let it run without the bubbles and see in a day or two if it works like it did yesterday?
The skimmer is in the sump area with water level correct.
Any Tips or help would be great

Update on the story a guy on youtube told me with it being a new tank it's going to happen and let it run over for a while so I presume that will be my course of action.. Will let it run for a few days at least to see what happens .

What type of skimmer do you have.cup usually overfills if water level is too high and it's over skimming.

It's from aquatop. I got the all in one 24 gallon cube that they sell. It's mounted where they show it (instructions are terrible) When I first installed it and tested it worked fine. Added more sand and since it's been overflowing. A guy I follow on youtube says being new that it is going to do that since its a new tank with no fish to make waste etc. It's dark in the cabinet but I will take some photos. this form won't let me upload regular pictures ,had to cut it down and hope it's clear enough. the towels are keeping the stand from soaked.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Also when the unit is picked up some it still overflows and even when the pump is just under the water it overflows.

My tank has had water one week this Saturday so once I get to do a water change maybe it will calm down. The only products added to the water is the water treatment for chlorine and when i added my live sand it had a clearing liquid so maybe that set off my skimmer and when i first installed it before the clearing agent it didn't overflow .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back