sinkers on plants at petsmart

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
are those lead? Ive herd that those are bad for the fish, but thats is the only way to keep the plants down.

They don't hurt the fish, and yes they are lead. They're a miracle if you have fish that dig the plants up!! But if you don't have to use them, don't. They can inhibit the plant's roots. HTH!! :thumbs:
Robin

Some may be lead, but some are also a magnesium/zinc compound. Still, I don't trust the stuff. I think string does just as well.

I used to use it and it never caused any problems, if you are still worried I believe in some stores you can get plastic onces that are similar to whats attached to fake plants.

im using them in a tang set up, i want it all established before the tansg move in, and i dont want them to die or anything because of a weighted sinker.

not the lake, but yess tangs are salt water fish, but what I ment was a lae Tanganyika set up, tang is just an abreviation

You'll be hard pressed to find a real lead weight these days. None of the major domestic nurseries use them anymore because of federal regulations.

opiesilver said:
You'll be hard pressed to find a real lead weight these days. None of the major domestic nurseries use them anymore because of federal regulations.
So that means I can be confident that the weights I got from your store are not lead then? That's a relief because I'm going to prune my hygrophilia plants and replant the prunings in bunches, using the weights.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back