Silverdollar's Skin Peeling Off

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FoamLess

Reaction score
I had this SD for a while now, and for the last month, its skin has been peeling off and then regrowing back again and again. This only happens to one SD only, the other one is not affected. The skin of the affected SD is always uneven looking, with patches of darker or brighter colors on the body.
Sometimes its a big chunk, sometimes its small, whenever it seems like it has completely healed, the sympton just comes back the next day or a bit later.
I have no idea what is wrong. I do partial water changes each week, around 20~30%.

I've did some research online, but I still couldnt figure out what the disease is (if its a disease).
The tank is not crowded, all the fish have a lot of swimming space. Water/salt ratio - one tblspoon per 5 gallons.

3 bala sharks (around 3")
2 Silverdollars (3")
1 pictus catfish (3.5")
1 pleco (3")

The picture isnt that clear, but you can see the difference in color on the SD's body. IMG_2801_mod3.GIF

Some help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Don't add to much salt to your tank you have some fish that don't tolerate salt to well.
Water stats would be good in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate, and ph.
Peeling skin
bad water quality.
Parasite
Bacterial.
Has the fish been flicking and rubbing or darting about.

Only when the SD got scared when I turn on the lights in the morning, other than that, they seem normal and happy.
And which fish is not salf tolerant, pictus? or pleco?

Catfish and plecs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back