Silver Arrowana

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

darknirvana217

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm looking to set up a 220 gallon, about 726 liters, and was wondering if that would be large enough for one? I've read several different opinions about them online and am not sure who trust. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, I was hoping to put full grown discus and uaru a. Would they just become food, or is they two large?

I'm afraid i have to say that a 220 gallon is not large enough for a silver arowana, i sadly know this from experience as i have a 27" silver arowana in my 205 gallon tank (66x30x24") and the fish dwarfs the tank, my silver has grown to this size in just 18 months which was far faster than i anticipated and which has left it living in cramped conditions for the last few months. Fortunately i have comissioned a 900 gallon tank to be built next month which will provide a more suitable enviroment but not everyone is as fortunate as i am to have the room for such a large tank. I would not recomend a silver arowana be kept in a tank less than 96x36x24" to enable it to have the space for free movement.

Thank you so much for your reply. Its greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry, logged in as the wrong user.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back