Sidebar Competition #2 - Modified Plastic Bottle Tank! Sign-Up Her

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
So, you just can't get enough of this new aquascaping fad, and you want to really test the limits?  You've come to the right place!!!

The same basic set-up will apply to this competition:
Stage 1: Two week sign-up period.
Stage 2: Two months of grow-out
Stage 3: Two weeks to enter your photo of your bottle "planted tank" and verification pic.
Stage 4: Two week voting period (You don't need to participate to vote!!!)

Rules:  
  • you can use any bottle smaller than 8L (or ~2 gallons for those in the US), or NUMBER of bottles in a single set-up.
  • you MAY modify the bottle in any way, but ONLY bottles may be used as the tank... no real NANO tanks... (This is about recycling, repurposing and reusing!)
  • you can add as little or as much water to the bottle as you want. (in other words it can be emerged)
  • you can add as many special features as you'd like... (get creative!)
  • if doing a emerged bottle you may only use aquatic plants which would be used in a planted tank
  • you can use any heat, light, fertilizers, CO2, substrate and hard scape you want  (just be careful not to melt the bottle)
  • verification will be needed when the voting starts.
  • you may start your bottle as soon as your name is on this list
  • you may start more than 1 bottle set-up, but you may only enter 1 into the entry thread at the end
  • you may have your set-up as anyway that you'd like, that's a personal choice.
  • if you don't sign up you can still enter a bottle in the entry thread if you start late.  
  • I think it goes with out saying, but this competition is about the aquascape NOT ANIMALS.  Please do not put ANY animals in the "tank".

You may also ask questions in this thread if you need some clarification. 

MOD NOTE:  There will be no "badge" or anything else associated with this competition.  This is merely for fun and bragging rights!  And maybe even developing a whole new nano aquascaping tank craze! 

okay as mike gave an example of his i shall give an example of mine here :) as i am in on this one

DSC_0008_zps351f29e7.jpg

done my bottle system for this today =D ziko your going down :p

Is that a second competition for bigger bottles?

no in the first one you cannot modify the bottles, in this one you can do anything you like to them 

Thanks Mike. I guess I already signed for the other one and have just one bottle on hand, so I'll watch this one with interest.
I've no clue how I'll squeeze stuff into my 2l coke bottle though
tongue2.gif

mike455555 said:
done my bottle system for this today =D ziko your going down
tongue2.gif

tsk, tsk... Let's not try to intimidate other competitors.

snazy said:
Is that a second competition for bigger bottles?

This competition includes both larger bottles, more than one bottle and modified bottles.  The other competition is very strict.  2L - and only one hole.

This competition is a chance for some serious creativity - and perhaps even some engineering! :eek: 

I've just received confirmation that I will most definitely be out of town on business for 3 weeks starting next Sunday - so that has killed any hope of getting into this competition or the other one.  I will be watching with great anticipation though...

:L he wont mind >.> iv got 2 entry's into this comp, heres 1 of them it was made from left overs from my main entry, the second wont be shown until the vote. 

I'll be in Arizona for 3 weeks... the competition will basically be over by then. :/  No worries... I enjoy watching the comps as much as participating them - more maybe.

Don't have the space for this one, but it will be pretty interesting to see what everyone comes up with :)

ah thats a shame fits nicely on my window seal :)

i think we should have more of these =] 

for all those who have entered this one and have a bottle set up, its time to get a picture of it and post it in the thread below

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/422854-modified-bottle-tank-entries/

you have until the 14th when the voteing poll will be made 

i have a feeling im going to be the only one running in this one though...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back