Sick Severum. Need Help Urgently!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CRAIGC1081

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this but I have a very sick severum and am totally lost.

His all his fins have rapidly developed white patches/lumps. He is currently sitting on the bottom of the tank leaning against the glass.

I have checked the water and all is well. I have also some water prepped for big water change and raised the temp.

He has gone from perfectly well to this in under 24 hours

He is eating but not as lively as usual

I dont know what to do next so any help would be great

I managed to temp him out and get a pic

20130208_191515_zpsa263f25c.jpg

It looks to me like a form of fin rot. I think you have some type of bacterial or fungal infection. If your water parameters are okay and Im assuming your tank is fully cycled, then I would suggest you medicate fast. I cant say whether its a fungus or bacteria, but there are medications that treat both. I would look for something that will treat fin rot. It makes very fast, like you said... GL!

Thank you, thats what i thought it might be. Ill get him on meds now (i have a random assortment).

Is there any other tips you have? Im supposed to be going on holiday tomorrow boooo!

Fin Rot and White Spot. Can tell it's white spots by the white spots all over him. Get him medicated for both ASAP!

Tips, I would just say stick to the dosing directions and keep at it. If you've done the entire process and haven't seen any results, then switch to a different brand. If you're done and you fish has made progress but still not %100 better, do another dosing with the same stuff.  GL!

Thanks for the help everyone the fin rot has subsided!!!!! (the white spots were just sand)

The bad news is that now he seems to have a pretty bad fungal infection. Behind one of his pectoral fins is a large patch of what looks like a white crust. One of this is behind one of his gills which also has some blood showing.

If I can get a pic I will post it

Hmmm.. not too sure what that this, but the box from some left over meds I had (API Triple sulfa) treats some called "hemorrhagic septicemia: a bacterial infection of the bloodstream. Fish may show blood streaks on the body and fins, bleeding (red patches) and localized swelling". Not too sure if that is it or not, but the meds are anti-bacterial and also treat fin rot. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back