Sick Ryukin.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kits9846

Reaction score
Hello everyone, very new to the site and reaching out for help but have owned fish a long time, just not really goldfish.

I have a calico Ryukin about 1.5 years old (I was told) and a good 5-6 inches. A very bad bout of ich came around and now Septicemia.

Size of aquarium/pond - 56 gallon aquarium
Types of fish - Ryukin goldfish
Number of fish and sizes - 1 about 5-6 inches
Filtration used and how do you clean it and how often - Marineland bio wheel and another (I forget exactly what) carbon changed 1x a month on each, but staggered 2 weeks.
How much in the way of water changes and how often -- 15-20% every 3ish weeks.
Do you dechlorinate - yes.
Symptoms of sick fish ie, spots, behaviour, etc - Ich, septicemia (now moving onto body), at the top breathing heavy, eye cloud.
How long has the fish been sick and which medications are your currently using or recently used - 4 days, currently on Marineland Ich Remedy
Test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph both from the tap and tank - Will test shortly and reply with results
Anything else you need us to know - Should I continue with this ich treatment or change to Marineland All-In-One? Should I add salt? (The normal rounded tablespoon per 5 gallons or more/less?) I know to up temperatures in tropical tanks to help kill ich, can this be done with a goldfish as well? How high/how fast?

Sorry, I'm a worried about my friend and just not sure if this treatment is working well or how to change it now that we have Septicemia as well. Thank you soooo much in advance!

Most reactions

trending

Back