Sick plant, help please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bkelly

Reaction score
Is anyone able to give me some advice on why my plant is dying?
I think it’s an amazon sword plant, only had less than a week. GH at 160, PH 6.5, using blue planet thrive. Have been remodeling tank so maybe it’s a little stressed out?
Would appreciate any help please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
I'm not an expert butttt I've heard that sometimes after moving the plant, some of the leaves die off but then grow back again :) maybe you've just got a moody plant lol

yes i believe that is caused by the plant drawing its nutrients to the core thus if a leaf of something is lost it does not lose the nutrient. give it some time and it should be back to normal.

The plant in the photos is not a true Amazon Sword (Echinodorus sp.). The leaf veining is very different from an Echinodorus leaf, and the crown looks different. As for what it is, I'm not certain, but an Anubias is one possible. This genus of plants has a rhizome from which the leaves grow, and if present it would be buried under the substrate in the photos. Another option might be a terrestrial plant, given the rather thick stems and leaves.

Byron.

I'm pretty sure that's an anubias, the growing point doesn't look like any sword I've ever seen. I would dig it up and post a few pics of the roots so we can make sure it is indeed an anubias, in which case it's best to plant it on a piece of rock or driftwood as they are clinging plants. Often times they will be planted in the substrate and then the rhizome ends up rotting.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back