Sick Molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Diesel0407

Reaction score
I have a female molly that is pregnant or was.. Iv recently discovered she has lost movement in her rear end and looks like fluff is growing on her back and looks like something is eating her skin. She is in a birthing net as she looked like she was going to give birth we recently removed the male molly as he kept pecking her and since then she has started to get ill she managed to get the fluff off herself last night and it looks like it growing back, I checked my water stats and everything is fine. What should I do?.

I much prefer it when people post actual test result numbers, rather than "fine", because your idea of fine may differ from mine. Fine is 0ppm for ammonia and nitrite, and <60ppm nitrate. If your results are different to that, we may have an explanation.

Fluffy stuff is often a fungal infection, and this may be related to the loss of skin.

With regard to the loss of movement in her rear, as with human paralysis, there isn't really anything to do except hope.

What to do next:- You said that the male is no longer in the main tank, so I suggest releasing her from the birthing net. I'm not a huge fan of these anyway, but the cramped surroudings will be stressing her, and this will hamper her recovery. Let her have the run of the main tank, keep the water in there as fresh as possible, and treat with a decent anti-fungal medication, I have used Waterlife products previously.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back