Sick guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ry4n7

Reaction score
Noticed this on 1 of my guppies tonight, what should I do assuming it's not normal?
af04ab3a636c3182b8c771e5dac9f400.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What else is in the tank?
It looks like someone tried to bite its head off. It might have even got its head caught on something, possibly when trying to swim through a gap.

If there is nothing big in the tank and it didn't get caught on something, then it is either a protozoan or bacterial infection. Monitor over the next 24-48 hours and if it gets worse then treat with broad spectrum medication or salt. Guppies can tolerate high levels of salt but it depends on what other fishes are in the tank.

What else is in the tank?
It looks like someone tried to bite its head off. It might have even got its head caught on something, possibly when trying to swim through a gap.

If there is nothing big in the tank and it didn't get caught on something, then it is either a protozoan or bacterial infection. Monitor over the next 24-48 hours and if it gets worse then treat with broad spectrum medication or salt. Guppies can tolerate high levels of salt but it depends on what other fishes are in the tank.
It's the betta trio tank and it's only 2 female guppies in 1 section, 2 males in another and 4 African dwarf frogs with what looks like some kind of killiefish in the third. I had some medicine for funghal and bacterial infection so I dosed it last night and will see what happens when the 3 day course is finished.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back