The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Balloons&killies

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone
i need help fast.

My new imported wild caught cichlid is sitting in the corner breathing hard like sighing everytime and i dont know what to do.

Help.!

Thankyou!

Water parameters in Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and pH?

How big is the tank?

What kind of Cichlid is he and what kind of other fish do you have in the tank?

How long has he been in the tank, and how did you acclimate him?

Is he kinda leaning to one side? Not totally up right?

-FHM

Water parameters in Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and pH?

How big is the tank? 30g

What kind of Cichlid is he and what kind of other fish do you have in the tank? he is a nanochromis nudicep.kribs
How long has he been in the tank, and how did you acclimate him?like 3 hoursIs he kinda leaning to one side? Not totally up right? not totally up right.

-FHM
he does look like hes breathing better now

Tank is big enough.

What are your water parameters?

I would PM Kribensis12, a member on here, who has just dealt with a sick Krib, and he, I think, found a way to revive him.

I have had two Kribs in the past that both had the same thing your Krib is doing, hiding in the corner, leaning to the side and not eating. I even dosed meds. Unfortunately they both died.

-FHM

What are your water stats?

You can search his name under members at the top right of this screen. Then just send him a PM (personal message).

-FHM

I just sent him a PM

Do you know what your Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate are?

-FHM

If you are in immediate fear of losing him, take an aspirin (reg dosage) and powder it, then add it to the tank. It does the same thing for a fish that it does for a human, targets the nervous system. It should calm him down. Did you acclimate him? If so, how? What other symptoms does he have?

What are your water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.How many fish and which type.

Does the fish look bloated.
Can he maintain balance in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back