Sick Betta :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Venessa

Reaction score
Hello, Iā€™ve had my Betta for 3 years at least and the past few weeks heā€™s been sick and I donā€™t know what to do :( I got a whole new 5.5 gallon tank with filter and heater because I thought it would help . Then that didnā€™t help so I got lifeguard treatment to help him because he was at the bottom of the tank all the time .. and the past week heā€™s been at the top of the tank floating just sitting in one spot . I currently have him in an Epsom salt bath . Please help :((

HI and welcome to the forum :)

Have you tested the aquarium water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
If yes, what are the results in numbers?

How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before it is added to the tank?

Can you post a picture and short video of the fish?
Set your camera's resolution to its lowest setting and tank some pics. Post the video on YouTube and copy & paste the link here.

-----------------------------
Male Bettas only live for a couple of years. Some might live to 5 or 6 but most die after 2-3. Yours might be old.

Try doing a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

If the filter is established and has been running for more than 2 months, then clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is not established, then do not clean it until it is established. Wash filter materials in a bucket of aquarium water.

The following link has some information about what to do if your fish get sick.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

GO TO MY THREAD #BETTASRULE. ALL MY SUPPORTERS WILL HELP YOU. A LITTLE TIP. DOES YOUR FISH HAVE WHITE STRINGY POOP? IF SO IT IS DYING OR SICK.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back