sick angelfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jon

Reaction score
can someone please help ? my angelfish s very sick , he is turning somersaults and swimming very erratically sometimes on his side and seems to have lost all sense of co-ordination , i have 2 other angels and many other various community fish which all appear fine , all water perameters are okay , i dont think this angel will last the night , can anyone tell me what this could be and or offer any advice for a cure ? thanks in anticipation ! :(

Hi Jon

It could be one of two problems, but both have the same cure.

It could be Whirling disease, or swimblader problems.

Isolate the fish, drop the temp by 2°C, if this does not cure the problem, treat with Quinine Sulfate

hi dolphin , thanks for the reply , its really appreciated , i have isolated fish and dropped the temperature , how long should i give it before i use treatment ?

hi dolphin , i cant thank u enough for the advice , the angel seems fine today already , he is a large angelfish and one of a breeding pair so i really didnt want to lose him , im sure i would have without your good advice , i will leave him segregated for another 24 hrs to give him a chance to fully recover , again many thanks jon :) :) :) :)

it could be swim bladder infection and u can buy a medicene for that!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back