Shrimp Pellets, Algae Wafers, Or Brine Shrimp?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishSurf

Reaction score
I recently added a green Cory cat to my tank, and so far he is doing great! I bought some API Algae wafers, (because I also added an Albino Bristlenose Pleco) as well as some Omega One Shrimp pellets. So far I have only seen the cory nibble at the algae wafers, and eat a little leftover flake food off of the bottom. However, none of my fish including the cory have touched the shrimp pellets that I put in. The lady at the pet store said her corys at home love them. So I would like to ask what do you all feed your corys, and which food do they like the best? Should I look into some brine shrimp? Thanks!

My cories love, I MEAN LOVE, the shrimp pellets. They wont eat the other food now cause they like the pellets better. I have wardley shrimp pellets so they may taste different.

Hmmm... Do the pellets you have take a while to become soft? It took mine like a good hour or so to become soft enough to eat. Also could they be too big for a little cory to eat? The ones I put in are still in the bottom of the tank since yesterday.

He may be more interested in eating if you can add a few more, at least 2, preferably 5 or more. I will add this, my fish also like the Wardleys brand better than the omega one.
Other foods you might try would be live blackworms, or frozen bloodworms.

Oh is that so?! Well then, I will definitely go get him a friend soon. I will look for some Wardleys and frozen bloodworms as well. Thank you!

my 2 albino corys and my 2 peppered corys go crazy for Wardleys shrimp pellets i would recommended getting them

Ok! Maybe I got the wrong pellets?
I take it as this, omega one is like vegetables and salads to fish but wardleys is like fast food or fatty foods. Omega one is healthier and better for your water and wardleys isnt bad on your water but its not as good at omega one. But obviously fish prefer wardleys cause it most likely taste better. Thats my opinion.

I have tried the shrimp pellets but the corys don't seem to eat much. For bottom feeders , I have 2 julii cory, 1 nanus cory, 1 bn pleco, and one bolivian ram.

What I feed is Cobalt flake food for the corys and ram and algae wafers for the large BN pleco. I don't rely on flake sinking to the bottom as I have 6 tiger barbs in the tank and they devour most of it before it reaches the bottom. So once a day, I tank a pinch of flake in my fingers and lower the flake to the bottom of the tank with my arm.

My Bolivian ram is older and doesnt go very far away from his favorite spot so he gets his food delivered. And the corys like the food service as well. This way I know they are getting enough to eat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back