Shrimp egg incubator

NathanWilliams415

Reaction score
My pregnant cherry shrimp suddenly died. I've seen the videos where people harvest the eggs and incubate till they hatch. I realize this looks kinda stupid but I have very limited materials on short notice. The original idea was to use a plastic cup and panty hose and put that above a bubbler to tumble the eggs. I tried that but none of the bubbles were going through the panty hose and the eggs were not tumbling at all. My next idea is what is pictured. I have the eggs underneath the filter output so water is traveling through the cup and over the eggs. I can see the eggs are not tumbling. Will they get what they need just by the water passing through the cup? Or should I scrap this idea all together? Anyone have experiance with trying to save shrimp eggs?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190107-160859_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190107-160859_Gallery.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 106
I also realize you can just use a shrimp net to hold the eggs over a bubbler, but the net I have and the nets at petsmart have to big of holes for these eggs.

You may want to try adding some methylene blueberry to the water as an anti- fungal and see if that works. Check to be sure no copper in it. That’s what the Momma is doing when tumbling them, just keeping fungus off. Not sure if nutrition is in the egg but I imagine so. This is what we do for goldfish eggs while waiting for them to hatch. Of course, that only takes 2-3 days. Good luck and keep us posted. Just checked and no copper in methylene blue, just copper sulfate which is fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back