Should I Set Up My Tank Or Not?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am a junior in high school and live in a suburb of chicago. (I'm speaking gibberish to all the people in UK and EU) which is basically 40 minutes from chicago, (a really big city). I plan on going to college in state and I want to go to college in Chicago; really beautiful city and LOTS of fish stores. I currently have about a dozen tanks, only a couple are aquascaped and the others are just set up for breeding and can be torn down easily. I really want to set up a massive 75 gallon or 55 or something but I just realized what's the point if I am going to be leaving in two years? I don't know what to do here, because my original 20 gallon I first set up in February is kinda breaking down, mainly because it was the first tank I set up and I didn't have the best idea of what I was doing. I don't know if it would be worth it to set up a big tank before leaving for college (I would be leaving in 2 years). I think it's fine if it's not a massive tank. What do you guys think? I really want a main showcase tank and the 20 gallon isn't cutting it for me; it's too small and I want to upgrade.

You also have to note, are you living in a dorm? Are you in a complex, apartment or house that allows this many fish tanks. Will your roommates mind?

I'm in the same boat but I'm going to set up a 75 then leave for college in 3 years so I'm setting it up for sure within the next year. Imo I would set it up, because two years is a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently I am not, and when I will be in college I will not be. I will have my own place.

I think I'm just going to rescape my 20 long.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back