Should I Change My Bettas Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vitamins can only help the bb

Can you show me scientific research that states vitamins made for human babies helps beneficial bacteria in an aquarium?

It won’t affect water quality at all.
You know this for a fact because you sent your water to a lab to be tested?

If you use commercially prepared food your adding vitamins and minerals as well.
A drop of human vitamins could be thousands of times stronger than what a fish gets from a pellet

Last edited:
Again, I am not here to argue. I have seen the proof. I’m not forcing anything on you. This my observation and conclusion only.

Again, I am not here to argue. I have seen the proof. I’m not forcing anything on you. This my observation and conclusion only.

We are not trying to argue with you, we are merely pointing out the potential problems we see in doing this. Having a discussion can allow both parties to learn more about this method.
The onus is on you however to address the concerns with data rather than "it worked for me" or "it's all in google" We are all open to things which might help, but need to address them in a logical and constructive manor.

When we think we know it all, we quit learning. Keep your minds open to new ideas.

I feel we are getting a little off the OP's topic, maybe we could move the discussion to another thread?

We are not trying to argue with you, we are merely pointing out the potential problems we see in doing this. Having a discussion can allow both parties to learn more about this method.
The onus is on you however to address the concerns with data rather than "it worked for me" or "it's all in google" We are all open to things which might help, but need to address them in a logical and constructive manor.

I feel we are getting a little off the OP's topic, maybe we could move the discussion to another thread?
We don’t need a new thread as I am through. I am not a scientist. I just know what worked for me. If you would like to conduct a study, please have at it. I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I feel we are getting a little off the OP's topic,

Yes and no, As somebody mentioned using human baby vitamins to treat a fish I responded with an opinion on why the person was wrong, This is exactly how forums like this are meant to work, think of it as real time peer review, the Admin and staff here are great and encourage " healthy " debate and opinions, that's why this forum is so good.

Should the OP get a bigger tank?

Now that's a hard one, hes been in that tank for a long time and may not appreciate the move, Bettas are territorial he has his territory he knows it he feels safe in it.

I had a Betta that lived in a 5 gallon cube and decided to upgrade him to a heavily planted cycled 2 foot 18 gallon tank and he freaked glass surfing, fin biting, refused to eat, became very frighted and started to hide so I moved him back to the 5 gallon and a few days latter he was back to normal.

If you do try it keep the old tank set up till you see hes settled in.

Yes and no, As somebody mentioned using human baby vitamins to treat a fish I responded with an opinion on why the person was wrong in my opinion, This is exactly how forums like this are meant to work, think of it as real time peer review, the Admin and staff here are great and encourage " healthy " debate and opinions, that's why this forum is so good.

Ok, if that's how it works that great, just wondered if we were going to discuss this more if we needed a new thread.
But It looks like it wont be continuing, intriguing concept though, might do some reading on the subject myself when I have the time..:book:

Time to get back on topic please :)

What I would like to mention is that there is a possibility that micronitrients such as amino acids, minerals and some ions can be absorbed through the gills. However there is no published evidence of this at the moment. (at least that I know of)
This is an acceptable statement that can end the matter here. Further discussions on vitamins can be done in pm/ conversation or start a new thread specifically for it. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back