She Never Eats!

Jodiem

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have had a problem with my thicklipped/honey gouramis in the past couple of weeks where the male chased her off but they are ok now, swimming together (or the female being followed!)

but i have never seen the female eat in the past few week, a piece of food comes near her and she shys away from it lettin something else eat it, i tried putting her in a breeding net (bad idea) and put some blood worm n flakes but she went crazy and i let her out after 1 min

is there anything i can do to make her eat, nothing else is chasing her and the male has even stopped going near her when there is food about (mainly cos he is HUGE seriously im surprised he can swim with the size he is and off eating else where)

Hope you can help
Jodie :/

Many fish do this for many different reasons commonly. However. The best way to cope is to just keep offering food (take out uneaten food after awhile). If a fish is hungry, they will eventually eat anything. It could just be from stress or something of the sort.

Does the fish look really fat and have scale sticking out? If so she probably has an internal problem that si making her feel unwell and preventing her from eating.
If she looks normal then try offering her some live food. Try live brineshrimp, daphnia or mozzie larvae. You should be able to get them from the petshop. Feed the other fishes first and then put the live food in the tank. If she takes the live food then she should be fine and will probably start eating again soon. If she ignores live food then she might be on her way to the big tank in the sky.

it died today,

it was thin, looked as if nothing was wrong it just hadn't eaten for about 2 weeks, this week it was swimming but letting the filter push it around spinning it upside down so i guessed from that it was going down hill but with it not eating i kinda knew it would die in a few days

hope i dont sound horrible lol but what could i do lol

Jodie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back