Sexing baby bettas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Tatteredocean

Reaction score
Hello! About and hour or so ago, my friend gave me two baby bettas because he had four he was using for a science project. They're both in one gallon bowls/tanks at the moment because it was a spur of the moment thing. They're about half an inch long right now
14uyqo9.jpg
abebr.jpg

I'm almost 100% certain the first one is a female but I'm not sure about the other one, could anyone help me?

(I know baby bettas are supposed to have filters and heaters but I wasn't told they were babies and I don't have the money to buy them, I figured they've been living in small cups for about a week or so without water changes so they would be fine until I can afford better housing for them.)(also, they're both in different containers, I just happen to have a few of the same plants)

Update: My cat got into the room with the Bettas and ate Orpheus(the blue one) so now there is just Gwennith.

This is why there are hoods for aquariums.... The one that got eaten was most likely a male, the white one is pretty blurry and looks a fair bit smaller than the other one so I think it's a bit too early to tell. I'd be getting a 5 gallon tank kit pretty soon.

The first pic looks like a female

I figured they've been living in small cups for about a week or so without water changes so they would be fine until I can afford better housing for them.)(also, they're both in different containers, I just happen to have a few of the same plants)

Im sorry I totally disagree with this, my suggestion is that you take the remaining fish back to where you got it from, then buy a tank heater filter and plants, set it all up, cycle the tank then get a fish.

Question.

So you got a male and female betta, How exactly were you going to house them?

As I said before, I got the bettas from my friend who couldn't care for them or return them, so there is no way I could return them. My plan was to get a five gallon tank, a heater and a filter for the male and introduce the (probably)female to my molly tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back