Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Severum and plants how bad?

Discussion in 'New World Cichlids' started by snowflake311, Nov 21, 2017.

1. snowflake311

snowflake311 Fish nerd

So I have not been on here in a long time. My tanks are the same old tanks same old fish. I am looking to get down to one tank. I want to just have my 100 Gal. I have lots of plants my 80Gal tank is over growns. I need more room for my plants.

I want to keep my red severum but I know my plants will not stand a chance. BUT at the same time maybe he will keep the tank trimmed haha. What to do? I have to rehome my silver dollars those things love green so much they have eaten my plastic plants. I kind of want to start over just plant the 100Gal and get all new fish.

How long do you think these plants will last with one 5 inch male severum?

Here is the over grown tank. I might keep the 80Gal for the severum. We are getting new floors put in so the 80 Has to be broken down and moved anyways.

[​IMG]80 gal before i broke it down. by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr

2. snowflake311

snowflake311 Fish nerd

Well it took all day to switch the tanks. from 9:00am to 8:30pm. I planted the 100 Gal and I am not willing to risk my Severum eatting and ripping up all my hard work.

I am thinking maybe keep the 80Gal for the Severum and my OLD Pictus cat that is almost as old as my daughter at 9 years old.