September Fish Of The Month Competition Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who participated in our Aug 2012 competition. The poll to decide the winner is currently running and will be active until 30th of August 2012. The winner will then be announced.

Meantime, please start posting entries and nominations for the September 2012 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so let’s keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read the rules competition rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The September competition will close for entries and nominations on 13/14th September 2012.

i wish we could bypass the dated verification.. I see there are some saltwater things included in past entries, i no longer have my reef tank set up and never took dated pictures of it :sad:

Well here is the worlds most difficult fish to photograph, C.leptosoma.
3eiqo.jpg

Zzgcz.jpg

24WbE.jpg

"Yoyo" Loach (Botia almorhae)

6c100c34.jpg

Hunting bloodworm!

e6416bab.jpg

I'm going to give my female Peacock Goby a go. She's never exactly been camera shy :rolleyes:

P729035820feesh.jpg

Verification:
P9030860.jpg

Bonus Pictures:

P7290359.jpg

P7290353.jpg

P7290363.jpg

P9030845.jpg

P9030838.jpg

Loving the Goby, is she ready to spawn or does she get fed well lol? If she's just fed well then tell her I said sorry for the assumption lol :).

Loving the Goby, is she ready to spawn or does she get fed well lol? If she's just fed well then tell her I said sorry for the assumption lol :).

Not it's fine, she's not fat. Peacock Gobies have a naturally rotund and obtruding belly. If it's small or sunken, they are sick or have parasites :no: I do think she might be egg heavy though, as she has a male companion. They flirt occasionally, but have yet to taken it to the PVC pipe cave and laid eggs. :/ Hoping for future eggs, though! My Sparkling Gouramis have already bred twice before, so there is hope :good:

I'll give my new Bumblebee Goby a go :) He's in QT at the mo with his 3 friends and my 2 new Golden Wonder Panchax. No pics of the Panchax as they're breeding in the Cabomba currently XD

Verification :)
2012-09-14171543.jpg

Photo's :) You pick which one to use.
2012-09-14171507.jpg

2012-09-14171909.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back