Seeding new filter

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

matty111

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys i am setting up a new tank and i am running a sponge filter. I have put the two sponges in the back of my cycled fluval flex how long should i leave them there to collect bacteria before i add them to the new tank

Also the tank i have just got is a 6 gallon amtra wave zen has anyone had one of these before
2fed0c467dd405cc007c76ce4e2edd2f.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

personally i would wait a week or 2, and then i would coincide moving them to the new tank with cleaning your filter on your main tank, and do a "squeeze" over the top of the sponge filters from your sponges in the main tank.

you can't beat a good old sponge filter though, lot of bang for your buck.

That tank looks absolutely spanking, how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

It was only £28 from amazon its awesome for the price and right good idea i will do that thank you,

Im looking at getting a led spot lamp to replace that one you see because it has gone realy dull for some reason

i have got 3 different ones, i have the cheapo 30W LED floodlight from amazon, and a clip on light for aquariums that is 9W from amazon, and a 20W LED luminaire, all were very cheap and will grow plants and stuff, love LED's as they take so much less power.

at least 2 weeks.....4 weeks if you can

I've always been a 2 week guy, or a week and a squeeze, i mean you can actually just straight squeeze your main filter sponges onto the sponge filters and run from day one, it just means daily water changes for the first 2 weeks.

I got a 10w light from home bargains its spot on only give you like 300mm or cable tho £4.99
f7beec9a73849b9ef907a606be8c136a.jpg

Most reactions

Back