Search Engine Going To The Wrong Place

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was just coming here to post about this site and see if you guys were aware of this...

I almost didn't come into these forums several times because of the naked lady friend finder popups. It is concerning... And still happening on all my devices as of today.

That is the reason I started this topic!

Khylea said:
I almost didn't come into these forums several times because of the naked lady friend finder popups.

Yes, we're aware and working on it. But it's being difficult to pin down. 

To help you a little: The search engines link correctly to TFF. The redirect happens here. If you turn of javascript for TFF it does not happen. You better check your code!

This should be fixed. Clear your cache and see. This was found yesterday (maybe day before) and removed by the tech folks.

Yea I was wondering about that i had that happen so me all I do is quick refreash it and it works for me

RobRocksFishTank said:
It looks like this is being worked on.

Using Chrome, Google went to the website.

It doesn't come up at all on Bing.

This again. Hopefully it starts listing on Bing and the bad redirects don't come back.

It is being fixed and should be gone soon!

tcamos said:
It is being fixed and should be gone soon!
it's only happend to me 2 times out of the 100 times I've searched the forums so it's kinda uncommon but still just gets me wondering how it even gets us linked to that stuff

Hi guys, I'm afraid this problem still exists, I was redirected after coming to the site via a Google search.

I would suggest the web admin re-checks his files to make sure the site hasn't become compromised. I've been running websites for a number of years and had one of my forums hacked in a similar way.

Essentially the hacker adds a line of JavaScript to a host website to refer any users referred via search engines to their website, this enables them to steal traffics and potential revenue from the host site. The admin more often than not isn't aware as they tend to type the full URLs to access their websites.

hoping it can be fixed..

Thanks. I'll check into it. 

I had this issue and many others with Internet Explorer.

Switched to Firefox... Sorted!

It's likely an issue on the user's computer rather than the site, especially since it's browser specific. However, just be on the safe side we'll check it out here. But often browsers get hijacked. It's a very common "virus" that users get. Sometimes it's a bit of malware, or others a virus but it infects the users computer when they download a program, in some cases clicking the OK button actually gives them permission to install the redirect. 

When you search fishforums on google the first result is this site, clicking the link takes you to some advertising site. This also happens on firefox, This has nothing to do with my PC as I tried it on a fresh Linux install.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back