Sea Slug

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BOD

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I think i have one are they good/bad? It was probably and inch long white with black patches looks pretty harmless he was going across the glass muching alage i think ??? I should have took a pic but just didnt think at the time and now he has gone away! :(

Agreed, Without an ID we cant tell for sure, but most sea slugs are ok so long as they are both eating, and not eating things you want to keep. Keep an eye on it though, some slugs emit really nasty stuff when they die :(

lol, it looked pretty harmless, as soon as i see it again ill take a pic, but since then i have not seen it! :S

Did you actually see it munching at the film algea on the glass, like with the raspy toung (the radula)? If so I'd say that you had a stomatella snail, which have an insignificant abalone shaped shell on there back. I say this because sea slugs tend to have more speciallised feeding parts rather than the generalised radula for scraping, they tend to suck things dry.

basically it looked like it had a snail mouth, and was munching across the glass. :)

It definatly looks more like a Stomatella rather than a nudibranch

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back