Scratch Removal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bettas_in_DE

Reaction score
I finished setting up a no c02, no fertilizer and no filter dirted tank. Dirted, planted, fill up... lights on.... there is a scratch on the tank! It's an Aqueon 5.5 g from petco. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove this scratch? All I see when I look at the tank is that scratch now!

is it glass or Perspex (acrylic)?

there's not much you can do for glass but small scratches in Perspex can be polished out with toothpaste and a toothbrush.

Last edited:
I finished setting up a no c02, no fertilizer and no filter dirted tank. Dirted, planted, fill up... lights on.... there is a scratch on the tank! It's an Aqueon 5.5 g from petco. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove this scratch? All I see when I look at the tank is that scratch now!

You'll need to drain the tank but its possible to remove scratches on glass using Cerium Oxide and a buffing pad. In the Uk you can get polishing powder on Amazon here but I believe you're in the US? Might be worth looking for something similar on Amazon.com.

Be aware that it will take some time and patience to do though but it is possible. You just need to decide if the cost and effort are worth it for a 5 gallon tank.

Just a thought, I've not seen that brand in the Uk so not sure how it looks but could you turn it around so the scratch is on the back? Would hide it behind plants and background and be cheaper for you.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would turn it around, but I dirted it, so in order to do that it would be a huge mess!
I will probably just learn to live with the scratch. I noticed that if I am a distance away I don't see it. Just when I am up close to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back