nt1.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

DSCF1252.jpg

DSCF1243.jpg

great pics, the koi in the pond loo extremely healthy!! :good:

thanks guys
only the best for my babies
regular cleaning and water changes and a good filters works wonders lol
the koi are healthy never had a problem with them or the goldies, but the water was a pain to start with took some wrong advise off the lfs about the filter and bought the wrong filter for the koi pond
as you can see here it was manky :crazy:
dirtypond.jpg

so bought the big filter you see on pics above and it now looks like the bottom pic in the top set that pump is 4 feet down :good:
oh and dont worry the other filter wasnt a total loss as it works great on my goldie pond lol

Excellent pics, I love Koi but my missus don't like the pond idea. I had to fill my last one in when the kids came along.
I like the idea of the reed matting to cover the hard edges of a formal box shaped pond in Pic 1. (may use that in the future)
Excellent work, I'm sure your proud
ATB
C

Wow what lovely Koi and Goldfish. Never relised Goldfish has such long fins like yours...

Keep the good work going :D

thanks everyone
glad you like them i could really bore you with my pics lol

hi big c
this is what it looked like before it was covered with the reed matting..... boring and grey :crazy: it was suprising how much it was brightened up :hyper:
DSCF3972.jpg

DSCF9353.jpg

CTlovesKS
i have some longtail comets and shubumkin as well as shorttailed goldies and comets the pond
in the tanks i have fantails,a veil tail and the babies are cross breeds comet and shubumkin so they have very long tails oh and i also have a plec :good:

mixmaster jay
i should have known better thinking about it having tanks for so long and learning the hard way with them, but the koi pond being my first pond i didnt have a clue :blink: when it came to pond filters,
so i joined a forum and soon realised the water problems i was having was down simply to the filters being way way to small, my old filter which is a tetrapond pfxuv5000 it media doesnt even half fill one of the bays on the new filter which is a kockney koi 5000v so it goes to show how far off i was
you can see the top of the tetra in the green box in the bottom pic so you get the idea :crazy:
but the tetra is great for the goldie pond it runs the pond just fine :good:

Yeah saph,
Thanks for that. I know raised formal ponds can look Naff with all that brick and concrete. I'm into Japanese settings for ponds
i.e Oriental Stone Ornaments , Acers, Black Pebbles, Bamboo Deer Scarers etc.
The matting is a fine alternative to placing plant pots etc in front of it.
and there's another brill idea (and simple) A garden storage bunker as a stow for filters and electricals...excellent.
your re-igniting a spark here saph.
and I have just a spot. I can see it all now ...Showa.....Sanke.....Tancho :lol:
Many thanks
BigC

:good: Well Bud,hope you realise I have just joined this forum to say WOW!!!!! Love your ponds and the pictures of your koi,I really take my hat off to you!! :rolleyes: They are stunning....but you got me thinking...only had a pond since last year so still new to all this, my pond is about the same size as your goldie pond but have this year made it 4ft deep as bought some ghost koi but suffering really bad with the murky water!! Have at the moment a 3000litre pump (hozelock cyprio) going to a cyprio filter (plastic cones and one layer of sponge) have added a layer of wadding but still got problems. The pond is 380 gallons and the pump is feeding a waterfall...all I know about the filter is that it is for a medium sized pond!!! LOL told you I was new to this!!!
Use the api test kit and have never had any problems with Ammonia,nitrite or nitrate so guess the filter is working??? Can hardly see the fish :sick:Using a 8uv bulb( new)
My ph is a problem though daytime its 8.2-8.8 at the moment (very hot and sunny here at the moment) and in the morning its 7.2 ??? the waterfall water (after going through the filter is 7.2 but in the pond its 8.8 ??????? I'm just jealous really that you have lovely clear water and stunning fish and I have a murky cess pit LOL :crazy:

Any advice would be greatly received.
Cheers Amanda

:good: Well Bud,hope you realise I have just joined this forum to say WOW!!!!! Love your ponds and the pictures of your koi,I really take my hat off to you!! :rolleyes: They are stunning....but you got me thinking...only had a pond since last year so still new to all this, my pond is about the same size as your goldie pond but have this year made it 4ft deep as bought some ghost koi but suffering really bad with the murky water!! Have at the moment a 3000litre pump (hozelock cyprio) going to a cyprio filter (plastic cones and one layer of sponge) have added a layer of wadding but still got problems. The pond is 380 gallons and the pump is feeding a waterfall...all I know about the filter is that it is for a medium sized pond!!! LOL told you I was new to this!!!
Use the api test kit and have never had any problems with Ammonia,nitrite or nitrate so guess the filter is working??? Can hardly see the fish :sick:Using a 8uv bulb( new)
My ph is a problem though daytime its 8.2-8.8 at the moment (very hot and sunny here at the moment) and in the morning its 7.2 ??? the waterfall water (after going through the filter is 7.2 but in the pond its 8.8 ??????? I'm just jealous really that you have lovely clear water and stunning fish and I have a murky cess pit LOL :crazy:

Any advice would be greatly received.
Cheers Amanda

How long has the pond been set up? Sounds like its cycling

Ok here we can post pics of our fish, coldwater tanks, ponds and pond fish.

If anyone has a pic thread they want moving to here i can try and do that.

:thumbs: hi black angel

thankyou
i asked black angel if we could have a place (a sort of mini gallery)to post our pond,fish and tank pics, and black angel has come up trumps :thanks:
so come on guys and girls,i have shown you mine so it time for you to show me yours :hyper:
i like seeing other peoples ponds and fish , great to see other peoples ideas it was through looking at other peoples pics
i got the idea for my thermal filter jacket :good:
another trick i learnt was to put the air stones on top of the pump,
the bubbles circulate the water in a way that drags the muck to the pump you can see the pump and air stones on the last koi pic. :good:

amanda61
thankyou
is your filter the hozelock cyprio ecocell filter?

if it is you could always add another cyprio filter of the same size with no uv to your excisting filter ,uv and pump,
then you can mix and match the filter media in a way that will help settle the fines and lenthen your contact time of the water to media and it can be done fairly cheaply
i have to wash out my filter wool/wadding every2 days during the summer :good:
new bright white 1inch thick filter wool
DSCF9527.jpg

2 days later this is what it looks like :sick:
DSCF4966.jpg

do you have stones or coping stones in or around your pond or water fall as it sounds like something is leaching

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back