Salty To Non-Salty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gav_B_UK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All

Been poking around on and off for a few years as I've too'd and throw'd between Salty water and non-salty water.

I currently haven't got a tank set up but have 3 around the house in various states. However, my 2 year old is obsessed with fish now (her first word was fish) and the better half wants a tank in the house again (YAY !!)

The better half has previously become frustrated at the expense of marine and therefore, I'm staying well clear for now. However, 2 of my 3 tanks were marine tanks. I may want to use these as either hospital tanks or smaller projects as I have a 4x2x2 tank as a main tank to use (that was previously fresh water only). A couple of questions that I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to:

1. Any risks in using salt water equipment as fresh water (assuming fully flushed)?
2. Does anyone know how to easily remove caroline from a salt water tank without scraping it away (as it's a #29### to remove that way)?
3. Will Caroline have any negative effect on a fresh water tank?

Thanks in advance....

Hi

Im pretty sure vinegar will allow you to scrub off coraline - lol whos caroline? I mean she may have some negative effects and i hear she holds on pretty tight when trying to remove her hehe

If there is alot marine leftovers in your tank you might find it difficult to get rid of it all, takes a bit of elbow grease, i cant see that it would effect fish, possibly your water but someone else can advise hopefully

Hi

Im pretty sure vinegar will allow you to scrub off coraline - lol whos caroline? I mean she may have some negative effects and i hear she holds on pretty tight when trying to remove her hehe

If there is alot marine leftovers in your tank you might find it difficult to get rid of it all, takes a bit of elbow grease, i cant see that it would effect fish, possibly your water but someone else can advise hopefully

I'm still wondering how she managed to fit herself in the tank..... :lol: I obviously meant Coraline.

Haha yeah no try vinegar, good luck mate

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back