Sailfin Molly Update

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

geezer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It now seems finally that my female black sailfin molly has chilled out oor the first time in ages. She finally let's the other mollies go near her.

What is strange though is that the new Black Male Sailfin Molly is chasing under her belly near her anal fin. She is swimming away very casually without any stress or agression

I've seen mollies do this in shops, and in my small tank before. They go under each others bellies and the sides. Anyone know what this means?

hi,
my male mollie did this all the time to his female, right before mating with her, some times he nudged her and swam off, just normal mollie life :S .

I often wonder how my male portholes manage to get their ladies pregnant since all they seem to do is sniff their private parts :lol: Seems to be an essential part of livebearer foreplay.

Wow, My male Silver Lyretail Sailfin Molly does that with my female Black Molly ALL THE TIME.

Oh right I didn't realise it was some sort of mating thing. He's doing it to my other female molly now, gulp!

Although I'd love to have some sailfin babies :hey:

I was watching a porthole mating yesterday. Funnily enough I've kept and bred all the common livebearers+portholes, but this is the first time I've actually caught someone in the act. He stayed in the position nose to her anus, but swung his long flexible gonopodium forward instead. I think that's why Ive always missed it in the past; I thought they would have to move forward and line up with her, but it seems to be the appendage that moves :lol:

hey,

lol ir looks like your mollies want to start makin sum baby mollies, ha ha, i have a pair or large sailfin mollies and they constantly mate, the male is the most horny mollie ive ever seen and the female just puts up with the constant mating, she even was puting up with it just before she was having babies wile she was in labour,

well get ready for the fry, ha ha good luck

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back