Round And Round The Garden

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nice gardens,I think you did well. I'm sooooooo jealous of your hot house,I hope to build one this fall to be ready for spring,but I doubt it will be as nice as yours. :)

lovely garden big c, how did your elm end up like that lol heres my one

16382008-8febec7937eadb9043da6b68ab.jpg

Excellent Stephen,
Looks a nice shape.
Hope mine ends up looking like that only its a bit smaller.
I'm letting it do it's thing and leaving well alone for now. It didn't like being indoors so
its outside and it seems to be doing fine now.
ATB
C

will look out for you C
got some callistemon (bottle brush) seed if youve got a spare ten years :lol: as for stralitzia (bird of paradise) get lud to raid the wilds of south africa for seed or if you have a wilkinsons over there they are a fiver same for hibiscus but its the hardy purple one
regards mate scot :)

Oh my goodness - don't get me interested in blooming bonsai as well!

Seffie x

ps just off to look at bonsai, oh just thought, we have a Chelsea gold medal winner down the road - oh if only it wasn't snowing :look:

pps darn, what i should have done was not told you about the gold medal winner and nipped down there and taken a few snaps :p http://www.bushukan-bonsai.com/

your garden is beautiful! well done. i am very very jealous of your greenhouse. i will have a glass greenhouse someday :fun: and what a pretty kitty :)
cheers

Since I saw this topic has surfaced again, I quickly explored the garden again with the camera....

This is an indigenous tree called "apiesdoring" (directly translated it would be Monkey thorn tree).... 14 years old.
Roundround074.jpg

This Bonzai Syringha is covered in a whitish something on the stems... What is it and what can I do about it??
Roundround073.jpg

This is a Kiepersol... another indigenous tree.. About 20 years old.
Roundround049.jpg

This is what we call a "graveyard" plant and is actually growing between the bricks... If I put it in a pot, it will not grow.
Roundround035.jpg

This is an "airplant". It has no roots and will grow if you hang it from the ceiling with a piece of string.
Roundround054.jpg

A Cactus growing in a window box.
Roundround072.jpg

Just showing off the lawn... Has to be mowed 3 times a week... fortunately very small.
Roundround022.jpg

Very young Palmtree next to a goldfish "bowl"
Roundround030.jpg

Big Fern behind a garden chair
Roundround053.jpg

Some cacti arrangement on the window sill.
Roundround058.jpg

Wow, cool plants ludwig!

Especially:
Grave yard plant:-Wierd
Air plant:- Wierd-er

:lol: i have never seen or heard of them.

The Bonsai looks cool! Cant wait for mine to arrive! (Man, i sound well sad. lol)

Betta you can buy air plants from most garden shops - very weird as you say!

My goodness you ave some nice plants, most of those we would probably have to grow indoors :sad:

Oh, no, i can see myself heading down to the bonsai place................

Seffie x

Really nice garden! I would love to have a greenhouse. I was tempted to buy my mum one of those plastic type ones for her birthday but im not sure where she would put it. You have a nice Hosta! The snail devoured ours just before autumn kicked in :( It was growing really nice too. Ah, and the acers! I would have a garden full aswell if i could. I dream of having a red acer over a large pond ^^

But at the minute i have to deal with a diseased Apricot tree (its in a pot, was a birthday present and i didnt want to leave it anywhere) and a million house plants

heh my local garden centre have a giant bonsai that looks identicle to this

without the red

http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//6000/500/80/2/16582.jpg

about 10 ft tall and

5,000 pounds

but yeah tried with bonsais and failed lol

sorry to hijack but lud your lawn is stunning a team of rabbits or guinea pigs would die to graze that, take a look at Iberis sempivirens it looks and grows awfully like your graveyard plant but i cant see the flowers in enough detail to tell
regards scot :good:

While they have their uses I'm really not a fan of lawns, am I the only one? :lol:.

But I love both your gardens!

Living with my parents still :)rolleyes:), my mums in charge of the garden, and she's very good at it too. She designs other peoples gardens too, and has done courses on garden design and plants at Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, I think she's looking to do more, and eventually wants to start a business designing gardens.

I used to have a patch of the garden to myself, but that was destroyed when we got our extension built :(.

I'm still allowed control of the garden pond though, and I grow carnivorous plants, orchids and cacti/succulents in my room. Aquatic plants are my favourite though.

Would post pics but it's dark, -6*C outside and everything is frozen/snowed over.

Love spending summers in the garden though.

Love your economy pond BigC, and the acers are beautiful!

Very jealous of your collection too Ludwig, especially your airplant (I used to grow lots of these, but ran out of space).

I need to try air plants again lol.

Most reactions

Back