Rosy Barb

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Hello,

I have 7 Barbs, 6 corys and now 2 siamese flying foxes in my 16UK/19US tank. The tank is very planted and has bogwood and mopani. The barbs have been in this tank about 2 weeks and the corys have been in about 3, the flying foxes were added yesterday.

Everything has been ok in the tank generally. I treaded for ich on Sunday and then again on Thursday. Useing Interpet's Anti-Whitespot plus. The fish did not have any spots but a couple of the barbs were scratching and I have it in my biggest tank (where the barbs were moved from). I raised the tempature to 82C and have been doing a 20% water change every 2 days since Sunday.

My albino barb was acting strangely before the treatment, just hanging around under the filter but I am not too worried about is one as he comes out quite often and eats and is out at night. I think he just likes it there.

However since the day before yesterday (Thursday) one of my rosy barbs has been acting totally different from norm and I am worried about this because he is acting so different. He is usually witht he other rosy barbs swimming backwards and forwards ad chasing each other all overy the tank like nutters. Now the smaller one doesn't move very much and is breathing rapidly. I am not sure but it could have a fatter belly than normal but it is hard to tell and it's not something I would have noticed before. It does swim around sometimes and I think he ate yesterday. It is a shame as the othe rosy barb is confused and keeps trying to get the 'sick' one to play. :(

I haven't done a water test today yet, but the readings on Thursday were:

Ph: 7.5
Amonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Oxygen: 10

I will test the water again today and do a small water change today (adding the meds taken out back in).

Please help my poor rosy barb. Any information welcomed.

Dana

i see noone has replied,
hmmmmmmmmmmm........ :huh:
well it could be a million things....
i don't have anything in mind but by replying i am bumping you to the front of the line for questions so you'll be more likely to be seen! ;)

keep on truckin' :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Back