Root Tabs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rlon35

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Should I be using root tabs even though I've had ecocomplete in the tank for less than 2 months. Would it make a difference?

Dont think there would be any need or use in adding root tabs. They wont do any harm but I wouldn't bother.

In the last threads I've seen on this there seemed to be disagreement on whether the root tab nutrients would manage to stick around in the area of the root tab for very long or whether they would rather quickly join up with the makeup of the water column dosing. Seems reasonable that differences in the makeup of particular tab products and differences in substrates would play a role, but it is still always interesting to hear the various opinions... I'm remembering that its a minority of plant species (swords, others?) that seem to gain from this (is that right?)

~~waterdrop~~

Thanks for all of the feedback. To me, there seems to be no reason to use the tabs, excepot maybe in areas, like where the sword is plnats, that seems to have much more regular gravel than eco complete substrate. I think I will target this specific plant, perhaps some of the other stems as well. The ecocomplete is primarily concentrated in the foreground, where I am growing out my carpet (attempting). I am sur the foxtail anmd ludwigia would benefit, as they are in the background. I don't think I'll bother with the vals.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back