Rods Food

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Musho3210

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
http://www.rodsfood.com

The rating for this food is crazy at my LRC (since Rod started in chicago, many chicago reefers use his food, and all of them love it) Reef central, and other forums. Just recently marine depot started selling this stuff. Next chance i have of going to a lfs that sells this im buying it...

Its got everything you need for everything in your tank, big fish, small fish, omnivores, carnivores, corals, pods, filter feeders, shrimp, hermit crabs, this guy is a local hero for coming up with this food at our LRC.

Anyway, just showing you another alternative to feeding only mysis.....

Ive used it once when i got a free sample, i will be using it again....

More links in the post below me.

That seems tog et a mixed response on RC with most people saying it isn't worth the price when you could make it yourself (and tailor to your stocking) yourself.

Something tells me my moray isn't going to be happy with me just feeding this stuff, nor my frogfish.

That seems tog et a mixed response on RC with most people saying it isn't worth the price when you could make it yourself (and tailor to your stocking) yourself.

I'm lazy. :lol:

it isn't worth the price when you could make it yourself (and tailor to your stocking) yourself.

There is a little more to it than that, but you are essentially right. Only getting 2 of this 5 of those ect from your different markets, and then convincing the other people in your place of residence to stand the smell while you are mixing it.... :good:

andy, almost everything in this hobby is cheaper if you do it yourself, not a surprise.

Andy, why buy a deltec or tunze, i mean its so much cheaper if you just make one exactly like it. Plus its more customizable.

andy, almost everything in this hobby is cheaper if you do it yourself, not a surprise.

Andy, why buy a deltec or tunze, i mean its so much cheaper if you just make one exactly like it. Plus its more customizable.
Wrong, I don't have the plastic moulds to create the plastic, nor the ability to buy wholesale electrics. Doing a DIY Tunze will cost more than buying one, just like buying the glass and making a tank yourself usually ends up more expensive than getting a tank made for you.

You also haven't addressed the point that many on your linked RC thread were somewhat underwhelmed by this product. I simply do not think you can create one food that covers all possible tanks. Suppose your tank has no filter feeders, all that filter feed food is waste.

all tanks with live rock should have many filter feeders

Not if you have something like hawkfish or butterflyfish that will ear them.

it feeds the foods that the hawkfish/butterflys eat.

If you dont think the food is all that jazz then dont get it, either way you cant even try it. It is expensive so, if you dont want it, dont get it.

And i never said to only feed this, it does have a bit of everything in it but i dont fish like eating only one food product..... Variety is always good, even with food products like this.

And remember, plastics cheap, im sure somehow you can make tunze skimmers cheaper than wholesale price.

it feeds the foods that the hawkfish/butterflys eat.

If you dont think the food is all that jazz then dont get it, either way you cant even try it. It is expensive so, if you dont want it, dont get it.

And i never said to only feed this, it does have a bit of everything in it but i dont fish like eating only one food product..... Variety is always good, even with food products like this.

Now now. No need to get so upset when someone in a public forum puts across their point of view on a product you are trying to push on the rest of us ;)

And remember, plastics cheap, im sure somehow you can make tunze skimmers cheaper than wholesale price.
Really? Then why do the Hydors cost pretty much the same price for similar sized models as Tunze? Unless you work in a workshop which handles plastics and have access to plastic, moulding equipment and waterproof electrics you are going to struggle to get things cheaper than the nano stream. The nano streams are the first Tunze powerheads that are not hand made in an attempt to keep production costs as low as possible and prevent cheap reefers buying inferior pumps over the Tunze (as used to happen with the "proper" streams). Then you have to try and make it work as well and effectively as a Tunze. Economy of scale plays a large part here too.

i was just getting upset by the hypocrisy of your post saying "its cheaper to just make it yourself", you can say that in many topics here, yet you choose not to. Why?

i was just getting upset by the hypocrisy of your post saying "its cheaper to just make it yourself", you can say that in many topics here, yet you choose not to. Why?
I can say many things in many topics but choose not to. The reason why is because I post what I like where I like.

However this food is so horrendously over priced the point was begging to be made. And I often point out that people can save money with DIY MH lights and LR.

i dunno, rotifers dont come cheap over here, it is expensive, but most definately not horrendously overpriced, maybe its just because i dont need to pay shipping.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back