Rockwool

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
why would you want to? Its only used as a short term thing for young plants as it will hinder the growth of your plants.

^^they are all for propergation. Why ask the question if you're just gonna post a link and probably go ahead and buy some anyways.

Considering every reply or comment I make is incorrect according to the same three trolling people with 1000+ posts, its safe to assume any post I will make is incorrect. These same people seem to defy millions of dollars of research. My problem is not that I am disregarding what people say. I am just disregarding what you say because its just ignorant to listen to someone who thinks one to two tanks of plants makes them an expert and they just want to give nasty answers every time. I am simply repeating information I am reading on web sites which are backed up by multiple hundreds of thousands of related articles. The reason for all the new research found on tanks, is because one or two people are psyching themselves out thinking they saw a "happening" and made an observation. Well its safe to say people over the last hundred years have seen observations and "happenings". Thats why scientific methods were developed and processes were developed. What have you developed? What credible information do you (ian), Dave, Radar have published? O right nothing. Because your three experiments are not noteworthy as statistical numbers needed to prove anything for that matter.
You have here whats called isolated success. In essence you don't even have enough statistical data to even form a hypothesis. What I'll do here is take the advice from experts that have paid for thousands of trials and non isolated successes. Companies spend millions testing plant products to get results. You've spent what? A couple hundred maybe a couple thousand dollars?

fishstrings wind your neck in I have never had the bad luck to come accross your posts let alone reply.

and why ask us the forum, if you trust what these companys that spend all this money say ?????

rockwool is an inert growing medium used mainly for propogation or growing plants in secret in tents if you get what i mean hydroponically is that clear enough for you no benefits in the aquarium ??

oh and 73 posts in a day who likes a posting then me or you
edited for spelling lol
scot :)

Considering every reply or comment I make is incorrect according to the same three trolling people with 1000+ posts, its safe to assume any post I will make is incorrect.

Well, that's probably because thus far, they all have been. I haven't seen any proper evidence for anything you've said in any of the topics you've posted in, even if you have been editing out bits that you have been totally proven wrong about.

Its just not worth arguing with someone who:

Thinks its their way or the highway.
Can't positively correct a mistake without being derogatory.
Thinks they are always right.
Finds their information on forums alone.
Took their advice from someone who didn't graduate high school but thinks they are a scientist.
Has no scope on controlled environments.
Does not know what the scientific method is.
Uses red herring arguments for everything.
Has over 1000 posts but thinks a person with 60 posts is posting too much.
Has an ego that thumbs them down from doing anything in life, so they troll forums.
The last paper or thesis they wrote was a post.
Is totally closed off to new suggestions and ideas.

Stop fooling around, type rockwool and aquarium in google and there are endless results saying to remove it.

Fact is, it just HOLDS water, nutrients etc and the pots that those things go in restrict growth so its best to take them out asap. Its what everyone does. You still havn't shown why not to.

How do you know about how qualified I am and the 1000+ posts for most of us is gained over years not a day like some peeps :lol: :lol: :lol:

you fishstrings are just stupid and I dont see many people helping you as your immature and very weird also I read your post on gars in another thread it proves you no nothing is wickipedia your best friend ?

I wont post again as your lack of knoweledge is amusing and you are giving many of us a good laugh

This is kind of weak. If you type in rockwool directly there are thousands of posts saying that you can make a rockwool solution to suit the plant for its entire life. Not just a seedling, its entire life, meaning seedling to as long as the plant lives. I'm not fooling around and NASA uses Grodan rockwool for hydroponics experiments.

http://www.atlantishydroponics.com/Grodan-Rockwool/Grodan-Grodan-Big-Mama-8-Blocks-Without-Hole-individual.asp

This is kind of weak. If you type in rockwool directly there are thousands of posts saying that you can make a rockwool solution to suit the plant for its entire life. Not just a seedling, its entire life, meaning seedling to as long as the plant lives. I'm not fooling around and NASA uses Grodan rockwool for hydroponics experiments.

http://www.atlantishydroponics.com/Grodan-Rockwool/Grodan-Grodan-Big-Mama-8-Blocks-Without-Hole-individual.asp

and here you are wrong I think you need to find out what hydroponics are it is growing TERRESTRIAL PLANTS not aquatic in an inert substrate as its easier to controll nutrients on the whole its as usefull as gravel in a tank :lol: :lol: :lol: .

oh youve taught me something i didnt know NASA did fish tanks

have you grown many aquatics from seed i doubt it :lol: :fun:

stick with the rock wool and see what happens I know as studying plant physiology plant science and soil science at the biggest horticultural uni in europe for 4 years and been in the trade for around 15 years till present its my job you really are been silly

oh i didnt know nasa disd fish tanks

LOL

Architects use rockwool on sides of buildings to grow plants... its nothing new.

Still better to take it off, with most plants anyway, some you just trim most of it away.

Its just not worth arguing with someone who:

Thinks its their way or the highway.
Can't positively correct a mistake without being derogatory.
Thinks they are always right.
Finds their information on forums alone.
Took their advice from someone who didn't graduate high school but thinks they are a scientist.
Has no scope on controlled environments.
Does not know what the scientific method is.
Uses red herring arguments for everything.
Has over 1000 posts but thinks a person with 60 posts is posting too much.
Has an ego that thumbs them down from doing anything in life, so they troll forums.
The last paper or thesis they wrote was a post.
Is totally closed off to new suggestions and ideas.

May I strongly urge you to take your own suggestion here. Particularly "Is totally closed off to new suggestions and ideas." Just because you take one point of view, doesn't mean it right.

I suggest both sides bring forth their evidence and present them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back