Reviews?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I didn't realise that this had gone live yet. It's a way, hopefully, of allowing members to give reviews of shops and equipment, without us falling foul of any nasty laws or anyfink.

It's not gone live yet, It's still offline for now :B

How come TallTree can see it, then?

i can see it to, its been there for awhile, and so far the only person iv seen with one is steve...

Click reviews

Oops! Something went wrong!

Your group is not allowed to browse the review database. Contact the forum administrator for details.

Aye, the database is being a bit glitchy, which is what the problem has been so far.

I was just asking cos I saw Steve had written a review and wondered what they were. Never seen one before now...

Dead in the water right now. A recent update to the board software wasn't compatible with the review module. Someone is looking at fixing it but we're exploring other options such as just doing it in a review forum and using delayed publishing of posts in it to make sure it's not just a bashing thread. It's looking like that will be the route we are forced to take. It isn't as nice but it will function. The module allowed stared ratings etc.

oh well this answers my question then because I was going to make a review on my Fluval M300 heater that expolded in my tank shocking all of my fish last night. I feel that this is a very good addition to the site and I dont mean to step out of bounds here but ive been an active member since april and have yet to see anyone actually bash another member. I see lots of playful arguments, but no bashing. So I feel that is not something that should be worried about to much, the legal parts of this I can understand fully. you dont need a lawsuit out because someone expressed their feelings about a product.

Pretty hard to bash someone online supra.....
I mean.... It can't hurt can it?

You're right supra, our members don't bash each other but we have had people come and bash shops and online retailers etc. So it is a concern.

What I say is, go ahead and make your post as a regular thread. As long as it is completely factual and not inflammatory there's no problem putting it out there.

Something like, "My heater exploded. I don't know if it was a defect or just a poor quality heater but I personally won't buy another one." is something acceptable. Whereas, "Fluval heaters are sucks! Mine exploded because it was crap."

Obviously those are simple examples but you get the idea.

I've got a fluval M, never had an issue with it. Maybe I'm just lucky. :dunno:

I have heard others having trouble, but I think all products can have a few duds. Generally you never hear about a product when it works as expected, only when it fails.

This did make me decide to create a review forum for people to be able to review stuff. It's going to be a week or two for the mod team to create rules for it and for me to set up all the sub forums that will be necessary but I think it's about time we move forward on reviews in some format.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back