Review Of The Fluval Flora Nano Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hello Guys,

New to the forum and just want to say what a brilliant tank this really is! I paid £40 in a pet store closing down sale and it really is amazing! I have attached some photos of my tank set-up!
Enjoy!

tank.jpg

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

I have one of these. Got it free with a subscription to PFK magazine.
I feel its a good wee tank, I don't use the CO2 as it was just too big and bulky. Like the OP I found the Fluval Stratum to hold very little down, IMO you'd need another 2Kg bag as I've found I really have to heap the substrate up on top of plants so its not great for plants like crypts.
The background actually popped off on mine, it did with another person on here too so I kept it out as I really didn't wish to upset the shrimp so that is now laying in a cabinet in another tank.
I did want some galaxy rasboras to put in there initally but couldn't find them so its shrimp only.
I keep my light on for five hours a day, I do not dose anything as yet and do not use any CO2 or liquid carbon but this is going to change soon.
I will be adding an external filter as soon as I can source a small enough one that's safe enough for shrimp (may be a hard task)
Like the OP I didn't use the small bottle of ferts they supplied as I thought if I couldn't source the same stuff again it may do more harm than good.

All in all, I cannot complain about it as I got it for free but there are improvements that could be made to the tank.

Oh, it doesn't come with a heater for those of you wishing to buy.

Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back