Rescaping Established Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Meeko

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks, now my tank is established and has been running for a few months, I've decided I don't like my aquascape at all.

It looked great to me for a first time effort but I want to change it up and make it look even better now I have a little more experience and knowledge. Ideally I want to spend as little money as possible but I will spend if I need to.

Tank Info:
52 u.sG/200 litre UK
Fluval 306 cannister filter and sponge filter for QT tank.
Sand substrate with soil underneath
Planted with lots of beginner friendly plants (Majority of plants doing well)
Log of wood (not sure which kind)
Rock of some kind

Fish: 4 x Dwarf Gourami (2 male, 2 female), 6 Bosemani Rainbow, 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 2 German Blue Rams (male and female), 1 Bristlenose Pleco - All fish are juves. I did have a RTS but he has been rehomed in favour of a more peaceful tank.

I don't have a picture of the tank but basically it is the big piece of rock at one side, another piece in the middle with hiding places and the log on the right hand side of the tank. Plants all over but lacking at the front. There is alot of swimming space for the fish at present all over the tank. Possibly not enough hiding spots.

My plan was to do this when I have a couple of days off work so I can concentrate on it properly. I have a newly set up quarantine tank which is ready to go. I planned on setting up the QT tank, putting the fish in there, then do a huge water change in the main tank. When the water level is low then I can do my rescape. I don't want to disturb the substrate as I think it is perfect the way it is.

Any tips advice etc much appreciated.

TLDR;- Changing tank layout, adding new wood/rock etc....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back