Reputable/reputable Betta supplier?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

BettaMan2000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a decent fish farm that will import high quality Betta to the uk?

Iā€™m amazed at the fish on Facebook from the Far East and Iā€™ve plucked up the courage to want to buy, but can someone recommend a good buyer as I donā€™t want to get ripped off and itā€™s scary buying through Facebook!!!

The problem with buying on-line is that you don't get to see the fish first. I always buy mine for their behaviour first, and appearance second.

My last two bettas were from Maidenhead Aquatics. The last one was a peach coloured half moon (and he really was a full half moon), and my current betta is orange with light blue iridescence on his body and light blue steaks in his fins. When I bought my current betta last month, they also had several elephant ear bettas, a bright red double tail with dark blue edges to his fins, a black and white marble, and a pale orange with see through fins. The orange with light blue had the most personality which is why I bought him.
Maidenhead Aquatics branches do vary. The nearest branch to me keeps their bettas in small tanks in a rack filtered by water tricking down from the top row of tanks. This is the shop mine came from. The next nearest has few bettas, nearly all blue veiltails, in tanks with other fish and looking rather battered.
Before looking for breeders I would recommend you visit all the Maidenhead Aquatics in your area to see what they stock.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back