Remove 3D Background

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dan-CR4

Fishaholic
Reaction score
when I got my tank it had a 3d background attached to it, it looks like its been siliconed onto the inside back of the tank. what would be the eastiest method to remove it and could it damage the tank if I was to remove it.

any advice from anyone thats removed a 3d background from tank before would really be appreciated

Rip it off with your hands then get a stanly blade to scrape the silicone off

It will be siliconed in, run a knife down the back and gently pull as you do.

I wouldnt rip it off lol and you can just use a sponge scrubber to get the remaining silicone off

If its anything like mine it will have a lot of silicone, mine were like swimming floats :X

I trimmed mine down with a sharp bread knife when it was fitted, try using that to cut out sections if it wont budge

What kind of background is it? Are you sure you really don't want it in there? They are usually very expensive to buy and it seems a pity to throw them out. If they are the Juwel 3D backgrounds, they are very sought after! Providing they are not damaged in any way, if you really don't want them, you could try selling them on the forums classified section. There are plenty members who would love those backgrounds but can't afford them new.

Regards, Athena

I removed a couple of Juwel backgrounds, i found them very limiting when scaping a tank. They are easier to remove than you'd think. I used a decorators knife and slid it down the back, them removed the the remaining silicone with a Stanley knife blade.

thanks for all the tips guys. My tank was second hand when i got it and im not 100% happy with the background, (its a juwel one), dont think I would ever want a 3d background again as this one is getting old and some of the coating has disappeared and you can see like a foam substance and some of the fish nibble it and im not happy about that for the fishes sake.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back