Red Tailed Shark Vs Cory Cats

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

williamc

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok ill be getting a 55g to 75g soon and I was wondering which I should get for the new tank.
I am only 14 and i dont have all the money in the world to buy a bunch or corys so I was wondering which would be a good bottom feeder for it?

If ya go with a RTBS, Only get one, as thet hate other all other RTBSs.

I don't think RTBS make good bbottom feeders, as they don't stay on the bottom. Corys do though and they are not aggressive to anything. They are social though so they should be kept in groups of at least 6.

well I will go to petsmart soon and see what the prices are because in my lfs the corys are $5 a peice just for a albanio cory whic is too much
Does anyone know the prices of them at petsmart??

sharks arent really good bottom "feeders", but are nice low-level fish imo

I just bough 3 Green Corry for my tank today, they came to 4 bucks each at petsmart. They are very cool fish and are happy right after being out into my tank.

Well, if you want bottom feeders, get Corys. Corys are very active, (usually) and are fun ones! Some grow from 2"-5"
Also, try loaches. Loaches are like eels, they aren't bottom feeder but they're enjoyable! A shoal of Clown Loaches would be awesome! (They grow i think, (correct me if I'm wrong.) around 8"? When bought they're puny though, (1-2" according to most lfs's i've been too.)

id go for corys rtbs are lovely looking fish but as they grow they get real nasty. mine started so mellow but once ge hit about 3 inches turned into a psycho bully that used to kick crap out of everything even my severum and blue acara he got that bad he had to be rehomed

Another vote for corys here, lovely little things, RTBS are mean once they grow, dont do an awful lot of cleaning up left over food either. Get 6, save up for them, then get a nice group when you can :good: A maturer tank is better for than anyway :)

another vote for corys yeah i think you could get four of each but couldnt you make it 6 instead lol
you dont have to buy them all at once save up
good luck scot :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back