Red spot on neon tetra

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Umbra

Reaction score
I just noticed this red spot on my neon tetra. sorry for the bad angle, but its the best I could do as i had to move the fish to a small tank to get the picture. what is that spot? and how do I treat it?

I do not know my water paramaters and I am not willing to pay 500 dollars for a test kit (That is what they cost here at the cheapest)

the tank did crack yesterday and I had to move them to a new tank. there are 4 panda corys, 4 bronze corys and 5 neon tetras. planning on getting more soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20170413_173430.jpg
    IMG_20170413_173430.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20170413_173406.jpg
    IMG_20170413_173406.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Could be Callamanus worms, how long have you noticed the redness? be aware if it is all your other fish are likely to be infected too.

Could be Callamanus worms, how long have you noticed the redness? be aware if it is all your other fish are likely to be infected too.
So how do I cure them? I have noticed the spot only today.

Last edited:
I imagine its to late but there are various articles if you google callamanus worms telling how to remove them. very very deadly I hear

I imagine its to late but there are various articles if you google callamanus worms telling how to remove them. very very deadly I hear
I googled it, though I doubt it's the worms cos it's more on the left side and not on the anal area at all. also, it started to recede now, luckily. if it's worth mentioning, I had a backswimmer insect in the tank at the time

oooh. Might have had a little interaction with it? bit? Glad to hear you are seeing healing

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back