Red Parrot X Jack Dempsey?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, I couldnt find my password for awhile :angry: Well ... unfortunately Red Parrot died awhile back :sad: Jack Dempsey is doing well and the babies are about an inch long or shorter. None of them look like Red Parrot though ... Anyways post any questions you may have and I will try to reply.

could we have some pics of the babies please also sorry for the loss of the parrot

Oh amazing, an update. Yes indeed +1 on the pics front. Very intrigued.

I would love to see this cross!
And I wanted to put a JD In with my BP also, but was told not to because of aggression issues?
Who knew they would breed!

Post some pictures of the fry!

I have been lurking on this thread for a while now as one of our Red parrots and our Dempsey had offspring a while back. Unfortunately that batch didn't make it but it seems they got it right this time. The fry are about guppy size now and doing well. About 12 of the 50 or so survived. Here is what they look like so far:

ParrotDempseys2.jpg

ParrotDempseys1.jpg

So kool, I have pregnant guppys(i think) would be the first fish i bread, would love to bread others like this at a later stage.

Just to let you all know that you can use http://www.tinypic.com instead of Photobucket, there is no need to sign up then!

Oh its fantastic to see a parrot x dempsey mix, even if it wasnt the OP! Would love to see how these mature also in this instance. Keep us posted.

@ Pippy, first off welcome to the forum! "bread" is something we eat, i think you meant "breed" :) Good luck with breeding your guppy's though!

any updates happening soon? its been 2 months sense sense the pictures were posted...

I know this is an old post, and I'm brand new to this site but I just recently purchased a fish from my fish guy which he said is a "Jack Dempsey/ Parrot fish hybrid"... It's a beautiful fish, blue in color with black stripes, a red belly, and light blue specs... He said he hasn't had them for sale for 3 or 4 years and he doesn't see them often. Just wondering if anyone had seen any of these? I trust him completely and he's been my go to guy for everything fish related. He's had his shop over 20 years I believe. ---Shillington Aquarium in Calimesa, CA

Thanks guys!

dmth said:
I know this is an old post, and I'm brand new to this site but I just recently purchased a fish from my fish guy which he said is a "Jack Dempsey/ Parrot fish hybrid"... It's a beautiful fish, blue in color with black stripes, a red belly, and light blue specs... He said he hasn't had them for sale for 3 or 4 years and he doesn't see them often. Just wondering if anyone had seen any of these? I trust him completely and he's been my go to guy for everything fish related. He's had his shop over 20 years I believe. ---Shillington Aquarium in Calimesa, CA

Thanks guys!

Got a pic? Sounds like a flowerhorn sort of to me :/

Upload some pictures. How many did you raise? After 3 years it will be cool to see how they have developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back