Recommend plants?

Hyr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi! I haven't worked on this scape in just over half a year, so, I forgot which plants I planned on using.. Any advice or suggestions? I'm using ADA Amazonia coupled with ADA PowerSand and plan to put Neon Dwarf Tetras in my tank. Currently, not planning on adding wood to the tank, but it's possible. Thanks! Here's a snapshot of the scape. **EDIT: Will not be dosing CO2 most likely, it's poison from what I've read. Also the tank is 30 gallons. And the lighting can handle quite a bit at roughly each bulb emitting 1600 lumens at 5000kelvin.
4O99yAp.jpg

Ambulia, Hygrophila polysperma, Elodia/ Hyrdilla, narrow Vallis will all work well along the back and side.

Hyrophila ruba is a shorter plant that can be grown on the sides too. Or some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta), it can be planted or float on the surface but when planted makes a lovely light green shrub about 6 inches tall.

Pygmy chain swords for the front.

Reactions: Hyr
Regular Amazon Sword plants would look nice and should do well here. The common species usually named Echinodorus bleherae (it is actually a "form" of E. grisebachii), one as a specimen or a group of three. Echinodorus major has wavy leaves, just one of these as it does get large. These look nice with the chain swords. And another Echinodorus is the so-called E. parviflorus produced by Tropica nursery, it has oval leaves that are crinkled and very dark green and remains smallish (4-6 inches) so a lovely contrast with the light green chain swords and the medium green larger sword(s).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back