Rebirth (Na Style)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
After watching the triangle style scape and getting bored very quickly, i have decieded to have a little move around. Everything stands the same as previous in the old scape, same wood, same plants, same stock...Mark Evan popped over yesterday and gave a little critique on the old scape, and following some advise, things have been moved. The Christmas moss is going through it's transition, so forgive that. Here goes...

Tank - 80X35X45
Lighting - 2x T8 25w lumiairre
Hardscape - Manzy wood
Substrate - Columbo florabase
Ferts - ADA special lights, Brighty K and ECA
C02 - 1BPS via in tank atomiser
Filtration - Hydor Prime 30
Plants - Crypt Balansae, Vesicularia dubyana , Vesicularia montagnei, Microsorum pteropus, Blyxa, Alternanthera Rosaefolia 'mini', Aponogeton Crispus 'Red', Pogostemon Helferi, staurogyne repens
Livestock - Sphaerichthys Selatanensis, Otos, Cherry shrimp

revis1.jpg

revis3.jpg

Suggestions and comments welcomed.

Looks great. I like the focal centre point and the carpet looks nice and healthy :good:

God Ian you change your scapes more often than your clothes!! :rofl:

That being said, I prefer this to the previous one. I really like islands :nod: hope the aner...wotsit red plant stays red at the back there - it looks awfully hidden, although I s'pose that's just the angle of the photos.

thanks guys and girls...

Caz, hopefully it will get a little bigger and will be visible, i'm thinking of adding the larger version of it.

Looks good mate, i think i would have preferred the other scape once it had grown in but this is still very nice :good:

I think the blyxa unless meticulously managed will detract the view of the wood and be a little bit more of a focal point than it should be :/... IMHO P.helferi would have been a much better choice :good: .

Nice, much better mate, hoping this doesn't get me thinking about re doing my 60 now lol, mind I have just fiddled with it and made a change.

OMG it looks awesome, the water is very clear! Hopefully one day my tank will look as lovely as yours!!!! I'm working on growing some plants...

I think the blyxa unless meticulously managed will detract the view of the wood and be a little bit more of a focal point than it should be ... IMHO P.helferi would have been a much better choice

Thanks for the comment Jake. I personally prefer Blyxa to to Helferi, and wated to use what i already had in the tank. I thought it was one of the better moves in the tank lol! I'm thinking of adding some more Balansae along the back...what do you reckon?

Nice, much better mate, hoping this doesn't get me thinking about re doing my 60 now lol, mind I have just fiddled with it and made a change.

cheers Steve, i was hoping for a more nature aquarium look. Also the space on the left in the old scape wasn't being used as the Chocs like to be around the plants. So now they should use the whole tank.

OMG it looks awesome, the water is very clear! Hopefully one day my tank will look as lovely as yours!!!! I'm working on growing some plants...

Thanks Shi, that means a lot. I also think you are doing completely the right thing. Learn to grow plants and then concentrate on how to make it look better. This is a mistake that many make and end up spending loads of money and have a massive fail.

I personally think its a step backwards, i prefered the origional scape. Still nice though :D

fair enough, you'll need to elaborate though Tizer lol, why?

I think the blyxa unless meticulously managed will detract the view of the wood and be a little bit more of a focal point than it should be ... IMHO P.helferi would have been a much better choice

Thanks for the comment Jake. I personally prefer Blyxa to to Helferi, and wated to use what i already had in the tank. I thought it was one of the better moves in the tank lol! I'm thinking of adding some more Balansae along the back...what do you reckon?

Don't get me wrong mate, the scape does actually look excellent.... the only problem ive found with blyxa is it's ability to grow much higher/larger/bushier than it states. Helferi is much easier to keep compact which would leave far less of an obtrusion in front of the wood (which i have to say is superbly laid out).

I just think with the blyxa so densely planted, once it fully fills out it will be just to hard to see past it to the wood layout.

I maybe completely wrong (often am lol) and it wont turn out like the image im imagining.

More Balansae would look good at rear though :good:

fair enough, you'll need to elaborate though Tizer lol, why?

I just find that with the island scapes the focus is too strong on the central piece of decor, be it wood/rock/plants or a mix. It looks too balanced. I cant really explain it very well, i just dont find myself examining it as much as i did the previous scape. My mind switched off quicker and dismissed it, while on the previous one i found myself looking at it a lot more. Maybe its was because i've not had a coffee yet this morning, it might grow on me :D

I hope with decent flow around the Blyxa it will stay short (i hope, and i do get what you're saying). If it does i have thought of a back up plan...maybe some anubias in place, but for the time being i'm gonna leave it. I do appreciate comments like this as it does make you think about the scape in a few months time. :good:

I have just placed an order on AE, i have ordered some more Alternanthera Rosaefolia (normal size) to pop in the back, to give it more colour. I have ordered the odd crypt to go on the right side, which is a bit empty. I have also ordered some red nose shrimp :hyper:

and cheers for the explanation Tizer, i needed to know whether it was something specific to the scape :good:

Can't believe you changed it again!! :)

I like it though, it's looking a bit 'fresh' at the moment but if you picture it grown in it will look great. Let's see if you can leave it alone long enough :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back