Real Small Chip On Small Tank?

Alz1992

Reaction score
15g tank, tiny chip on the outside, its only small literally like just bigger than the tip of a pen, feeling on the inside of the tank theres nothing at all, its just on the outside, barely noticable.
its smack bang in the middle of the right pane of glass.

only a small 15 gallon tank

should i worry? its been running since thursday with no issues

oh thank god, i've been panicking all day and daren't post on here for fear of "Yeah its going to explode in a few days, shame that."

If your worried i would try this:

My husband and I do auto glass on the side. And when a vehicle comes in with a chip in the windshield we use a ultraviolet hardening resin.. normally we would drill (with a dremmel) into the glass because it had cracks or what not, then apply resin which is pumped with pressure into the cracks to fill them, and leave it in the sun for 3 minutes to harden..But in other cases, such as yours, just applying a drop to this area, followed by immediate sun light(to harden resin), will not only fill the chip, but protect it from cracking worse in the future. Once the resin is hard you can smooth it out with a razor blade to make it smooth against the rest of the glass..That's what I would try...:) Hope this helps..

ohh great :D thank you for the advice, i'll keep a close eye on it and if i see anything worse start to form, i'll give that a go :)

Most reactions

trending

Back