Re-population

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

solmartin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
long time since I've been here.

On to business. My tank's population has somewhat decreased as of late. My mollies died, and a danio of mine disappeared, bringing me down to two of them. I haven't seen my oto either, but he's super small anyway. This leaves me with two danios, one of those colored tetras, a catfish, and a snail.

I'm hesitant on angelfish, but I'm willing to trade in my smaller ones to do this. I have a 19 Gallon (US) and the tank height is around 1'

My other option is make a huge school tank, but I'm not sure what to get for it.

Any options would be nice!

Thanks,
SoL

I dont think your tank is big enough for angels.It needs to be quite deep as they grow quite large with their long fins.
As for the missing fish i take it you have already searched the floor of the tank under plants and ornaments ,thats where i found a missing fish of mine that died :(

Correct, angels need a tank height of at least 18". :/

Seeing as you only have one oto, two danios, and a coloured tetra, I would get a couple more of each of these types of fish, because they all like to be in groups. However, if you do decide to get rid of some of your fish, there are even more possibilities. :)

ok. so:

option a) If I were to re-school my tank with tetras and danios, should I trade my colored tetra for a neon/blacklight/whathaveyou or get all colored tetras?

option B) If I were to trade them all in, what are my options? I want a non-aggressive tank preferrably.

That has happend to me before I have had fish disapear and latley my fish have been dieing well the livebeaers in that tank are :no:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back