Re:advise in tank move!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lewie

Reaction score
Hi
It’s been a while since I last had a set up! I have now taken plunge and committed/treated myself to a set up containing fish that I have always wanted to try! They are mawais
My quandary is!
Once I collect tank it’s a minimum of 4hrs before it will be re set up due to distance what would your top tips be? I m going to keep sand damp and rocks etc ,open filter,bag and polystyrene box fish
I ve got a bacteria tonic to boost once set up! Would it pay to transfer some water?if so how much it’s 400l tank I m concerned about starting tank on a complete water change apart from what fish are transported with etc!
Any other helpful tips and advise please

Any one with any input please as trying to get stuff together for the big move and am excited but nervous !

I wouldn't worry about trying to transport water. There's not much benefit. Just make sure you drip acclimatise the fish before they are released from their carrying bag, with a 4 hour move, there's a strong likelihood your water parameters will be noticeably different and it may take time for the fish to adjust.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back