Raphael Catfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

chosen2030

Reaction score
I know that these guys are nocturnal, but I have a striped and a spotted raphael catfish in my 80 gallon tank and I never see them, not even short glimpses. I know their hiding spots and they never seem to move from there. I am also nocturnal, often up until dawn, and still nothing. Anyone have ideas on how to encourage them to come out (e.g. special treats)?

Are you 100% they dont come out at ALL during the night? Have you checked they are still alive? They might just be well fed and dont need any food and therefore dont feel the need to move. Only way of trying to get them out is to starve them for a few days and then put some food in and see if they come out to eat. Have you thought of putting a moonlight over the tank to see if they come out? Sorry I couldnt be anymore help

What size is your tank and what is it's stock. When I had my Spotted Rapheal catfish I would see him about once a month.

Mark, they don't look like Convicts to me. They're most likely Honduran Red Points. First looks like a female. Don't know on the other one.

As soon as I turn my light of my two raphaels come out and dart up and down the tank, strange.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back