Random darker spots (Guppy)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Skippered

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for taking your time out of your day to help me I am new to the hobby and am seeking answers. It all started this morning turning on my fish tank light as normal and everyone seems happily swimming around but a closer look shows this darkening right before the tail fin on two of my female guppys. I hadn't noticed it yesterday. It almost looks like the color and pattern of there colored tails but I am not so sure how it did that over night. I will try posting a picture. Hope someone can help me

Hello and thank you for taking your time out of your day to help me I am new to the hobby and am seeking answers. It all started this morning turning on my fish tank light as normal and everyone seems happily swimming around but a closer look shows this darkening right before the tail fin on two of my female guppys. I hadn't noticed it yesterday. It almost looks like the color and pattern of there colored tails but I am not so sure how it did that over night. I will try posting a picture. Hope someone can help me

Hello and welcome to the forum :hi:
Guppies can take up 10 months to truly develop their colour. I wouldn’t worry to much as of yet. My guppies have changed colours and gained patterns since I purchased them. Unless it’s finrot or something I wouldn’t worry to much. Best of luck.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Post pictures asap. If they are too big to go on this site, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more pictures. Check them on your pc and then post a couple that clearly show the problem.

How long has the tank been set up for?

Have you checked the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
If yes, what are the results in numbers?

How long have you had the fish for?

The following link has some information about what to do if your fish gets sick. It's pretty long and boring but worth a read. I recommend printing it out and reading it in bed to help fall asleep.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/#post-3804819

Sorry for late response they are all doing well and one of my smallest females just had 5 babys fry (maybe more) I wasnt home for this event sadly and as I type I have my first brine shrimp hatchery going wish me luck!

Sorry for late response they are all doing well and one of my smallest females just had 5 babys fry (maybe more) I wasnt home for this event sadly and as I type I have my first brine shrimp hatchery going wish me luck!
I’m glad to hear their all doing well :)

Best of luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back